Wallet locked after update to 0.4.8

Hi I clicked on the update to 0.4.8 button but now my wallet is locked. I followed the instructions in

After manually updating to 0.4.8, balances don’t appear

but nothing helps. I do

lncli unlock

and it says the wallet has been unlocked but I do

lncli state

and it says the wallet is locked.

I have deleted the lnd.conf file and done

sudo scripts/configure

then rebooted.

But the wallet is still locked.

What can I do next?

1 Like

Did you follow the steps outlined in this post? Nothing else worked for me except the “last line of defense.” Then it just requires waiting several hours for your bitcoin wallet to rescan all the UTXOs.

I did

Last line of defense: Make a copy of your lnd.conf. and then 
delete your conf with rm ~/umbrel/lnd/lnd.conf && ~/umbrel/scripts/configure && sudo reboot

But I still get

2021-11-21 20:11:20.552 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/GetInfo]: wallet locked, unlock it to enable full RPC access
2021-11-21 20:11:20.552 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/DescribeGraph]: wallet locked, unlock it to enable full RPC access
2021-11-21 20:11:32.332 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/GetInfo]: wallet locked, unlock it to enable full RPC access
2021-11-21 20:11:45.396 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/GetInfo]: wallet locked, unlock it to enable full RPC access
2021-11-21 20:11:58.486 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/GetInfo]: wallet locked, unlock it to enable full RPC access
2021-11-21 20:12:11.564 [ERR] RPCS: [/lnrpc.Lightning/GetInfo]: wallet locked, unlock it to enable full RPC access

But I’ve just noticed that the bitcoind is also constantly restarting also. When I do

sudo docker container ls

I get

ef303aac077c   lncm/bitcoind:v22.0                    "bitcoind -zmqpubraw…"   32 minutes ago   Restarting (135) 27 seconds ago

The other thing I did end up doing (though you might want to wait for someone more experienced like @DarthCoin to respond) was to reflash my SD card with the latest Umbrel update version. Note: After this, I had to remove the previous Umbrel signature from my terminal computer’s hosts file to ssh back in.

SOLVED

The problem is that the bitcoind is constantly restarting.

This looks like a problem with docker under Ubuntu. I’m investigating. And also shopping for a raspberry pi :slight_smile: