Trying to connect Sparrow to Umbrel

Hello Parallex,

In the event you do not have the ability to provide logs - please run the following code:

sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/app uninstall electrs
sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/app install electrs

Please note: Reinstalling electrs is safe! since it can rebuild it’s entire state any time from the bitcoin node and it doesn’t store any user-specific data or sensitive info.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I wished I had seen this while I was tinkering in my waking hours, but unfortunately I do not have the logs on hand anymore as after trying to uninstall Electrs (via UI), it started throwing more errors (perhaps due to the conflicting dual instance of Electrs installed?) and I ended up starting afresh with v0.4.18 in hopes of getting more verbose Electrs logs (the only logs could find for Electrs were in the db folder and the standard Umbrel logs from UI which didn’t give me much to go on).

However in the v0.4.18 Electrs logs for the same set of blockchain files, I can see the following error repeated: thread 'p2p_loop' panicked at 'invalid message: OversizedVectorAllocation { requested: _____________ , max: _________ } where the requested number is some arbitrarily large number and the max was set to 4000000 - was there a way to change this max value for Electrs in some config file somewhere if it would actually help solve the issue?

However, Electrs always failed at the same block parsing. Again, I wish I had kept the logs for you but from that error, I had assumed (correctly or incorrectly) that my blockchain files had some kind of corruption so I went and started the process of re-downloading the whole blockchain again :sweat_smile: - still on v0.4.18. Fingers crossed this will work, but it’ll take a day or so before I know for sure.