How can I see when my node goes offline and back on?

I’ve been in the Top 100 performing nodes for the past month at least and now today am unranked and considered unstable according to Terminal Web.

Can anyone explain to me how I can run a script and read to see when my node goes offline and back on? The only experience I have w/ this is changing my node alias through terminal.

1 Like

1ML.com has such a service I believe. But if you’re behind Tor which you’re the Tor network could be reliable for those few “minutes of offline”, it’s not your node. You can’t do much about that. It’s a tradeoff for security and privacy.

1 Like

Check out Telegram: Contact @lightningwatchbot

I set it up a while back. Pretty much forgot about it since my umbrel node is so rarely offline. Checked just now and did see that it detected the time where I intentionally shutdown my node for some maintenance. Now if I just figure out how to prioritize these Telegram notifications over all the other noise, the service could be very useful.

1 Like

Awesome. How often does it check?

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this, I’m probably wrong. Offhand, I think once an hour, for free. They have an option to pay for instant notification(s). I tried their pay-to-monitor service. It was a little pricey as I recall. It worked; got notification within like 3 seconds when I intentionally offlined my node. I have no needs (yet) for that level of monitoring, so stopped paying for it. It automatically converted back to the free version and the hourly notifications worked perfectly once again.

1 Like