Bitcoin app Not Running

Hello,

Ever since the installation of umbrel 1.0 the bitcoin app is not running anymore.

I am on raspberry pi 4. Tried another Sim card but it still not working. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Here is the log :

There seems to be real issues with the Umbrel 1.0. I have had issue after issue with it. My advice is to stay away or look elsewhere. You fix one thing and then another comes up. No way would I use Umbrel as a Network Home Cloud as they are pushing.

1 Like

Sorry about the issue @clemsy! Thank you for attaching the logs. We’re investigating your issue and will report back here.

1 Like

Hey @clemsy. Would you be able to run the following commands by SSH’ing into your device?

sudo systemctl stop umbrel
sudo systemctl stop docker docker.socket
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/docker/*
sudo systemctl start docker docker.socket
sudo systemctl start umbrel

After you’ve ran all the commands one-by-one, visit http://umbrel.local and see if Bitcoin Node’s running again. If not, feel free to share the latest logs!

Hey @mayank thanks for your help. The bitcoin app is still not running.

Here are the new logs : 0bin - encrypted pastebin

Thanks you :slight_smile:

Hey @clemsy apologies there was a mistake in the above command, could you try this

sudo systemctl stop umbrel
sudo systemctl stop docker docker.socket
sudo bash -c "rm -rf /var/lib/docker/*"
sudo systemctl start docker docker.socket
sudo systemctl start umbrel

Thanks a lot. App is starting now ! Great :slight_smile:

But not running yet, still in the starting phase (it does not seem to change).

Here is the bitcoin app log : 0bin - encrypted pastebin

Thanks again for your help, and reactivité. It’s awesome !

1 Like

Can you please share the umbrelOS logs from

system > troubleshoot > umbrelOS > umbrelOS logs

You can download the logs from Umbrel and then upload them here

OK, there you go :

umbrel_umbrel_2024-03-23_18-39.log (166.3 KB)

Could you go to the dashboard, right click on the Bitcoin app icon, and then choose restart.

Then wait a couple of minutes, then go to

system > troubleshoot > app > bitcoin

and download the log file and upload it here.

And then check if the app is running.

Here the bitcoin app log, as asked :

umbrel_umbrel_2024-03-23_18-39.log (166.3 KB)

Still in the starting phase.

hey that looks like the umbrelOS logs. could you choose “App” in troubleshooting and select Bitcoin

OOps sorry wrong file. It was meant to be this one :melting_face:

umbrel_bitcoin_2024-03-23_18-47.log (62.9 KB)

thx !

Is the Bitcoin Node app the only app on your Umbrel? Also is this a fresh install of 1.0, or did you upgrade from Umbrel 0.5?

Bitcoin app is the only app so far (still synching)

I upgraded from 0.5 on the 18th of March.

It looks like here you node has experienced filesystem corruption:

bitcoin_bitcoind_1     | 2024-03-23T17:47:28Z LevelDB read failure: Corruption: block checksum mismatch: /data/.bitcoin/chainstate/517420.ldb
bitcoin_bitcoind_1     | 2024-03-23T17:47:28Z Fatal LevelDB error: Corruption: block checksum mismatch: /data/.bitcoin/chainstate/517420.ldb
bitcoin_bitcoind_1     | 2024-03-23T17:47:28Z You can use -debug=leveldb to get more complete diagnostic messages
bitcoin_bitcoind_1     | Error: Error reading from database, shutting down.
bitcoin_bitcoind_1     | 2024-03-23T17:47:28Z Error: Error reading from database, shutting down.

Do you have important data on your node or is it ok if we try to reset it? Also what version of umbrelOS do you see in settings?

I am at 80% of synchronisation (started mid-january lol). But if there is no other way, i can start again it’s fine.

I am on Umbrel OS 1.0.1 (flashed a version updated in a topic here for debug).

That seems strangely slow. Normally it’s 3-4 days for Raspberry Pi. Do you have very slow internet? Maybe something else could be wrong. Is your SSD plugged into the USB3 ports (blue)? or USB2 ports (black)

Could you do a speed test at https://www.speedtest.net and let me know the result?

Also could you let me know all of your hardware. Raspberry Pi, power supply, SSD, SDcard, etc.

I’m on a decent internet connection, plugged in ethernet (like 37 ms in wifi, 7Mb/s download and 1Mb/s upload for the wifi connection used on my computer).
SSD is plugged in the USB3 blue port.

I use :
4GB RAM Raspberry 4
SSD My Passport WD 1To
SDcard Sandisk 32 Go
Power supply and case iUniker Raspberry Pi 4 (5 V 3,5 A = 17,5 W)

Can you tell me which command should I use to reset the data ?