Wallet issue-backup missing

umbrel-1646422215794-debug.log (32.4 KB)

Bitcoin core is downloaded and sync’d

Most recent update

Neither BTC or LN wallets load.

No file backup file located umbrel/lnd/data/chain/bitcoin/mainnet

I was able to get BTC using BlueWallet on mobile using seeds.

LN only had one channel open with negligible sats; at this point it has been down for over a week I don’t care of those sats go poof.

I’m stuck.

Still no backup file.

This is where I am stuck.

I click backup on Umbrel then cannot locate backup file.

The funds on the node are less than $2 now.

Would it be easier to just create a new wallet and get new seeds?

This has been on going for quite a few days now?

So I see that your node is still syncronizing… so what exactly what do you want to do?

What I’m trying to do is not break anything and also not have a brick node for the next five years while it continues to attempt to synchronize to a wallet that isn’t there and will never be found…

It has been trying to sync to wallets for over a week and in logs it is filled with wallet errors so it looks like it will be sync’ing for ever.

umbrel logs.txt (37.8 KB)

If you think it will work itself out just leaving it go another week or two I’ll let it go and check back in after another week or so.

In my limited experience if showing synchronizing to wallet and logs and files show that there is no wallet it will stay in this state forever.

It is synced from what I see in the logs, but your wallet is broken.
If you already had closed the channels and recovered the funds in onchain, I suggest to reset user data and start with a new seed, new wallet, new nodeid. See the troubleshooting manual instructions for that specific task.

Yes. Sync’d to blockchain after downloading again…

On it. Just for clarity so that I get the steps right.

Using troubleshooting guide:

“ sudo systemctl stop umbrel-startup && sudo rm -rf ~/umbrel/lnd/!(lnd.conf) && sudo rm ~/umbrel/db/user.json && sudo rm ~/umbrel/db/umbrel-seed/seed && sudo systemctl start umbrel-startup “

Do first: Reset your Umbrel user data

Next reboot and there should be a prompt for start as new node? Will retain blockchain correct? I don’t feel like downloading blockchain again. That would be the third time in two weeks :joy:

EDIT: Adding, how would I be able to confirm if the one channel is closed? I cannot get wallet up to be able to do anything with LN channels.

Yes

Yes

Do you have all funds back into your onchain wallet?

No. I could not get the 1000 or so sats from the open lightning channel. Bitcoin, I have everything.

Will it cause an issue with that channel open that I cannot close?

I don’t want to proceed if it will just get worse.

Don´t open too low amount channels. You have to pay two BTC transactions fee for it (to open and to close the channels), and also some payment to use other people’s channels for routing.
If you don´t have sats enough to pay for closing the channel, it is lost, for and you for the BTC world.

Well it’s bricked now lol so it kinda doesn’t matter

Does anyone know?

If there is a channel that is open but zero way to close it will resetting user data just cause more problems?

Well this just keeps getting better and better… Cannot even access now to shut it down. Can only access via PuTTY.

Back in business!