Doubts before migrating from another system

Hello all. I’m thinking about migrating from StartOS to Umbrel in my miniPc server, but would like to clarify a few things beforehand…

1. The miniPc has one 2tb nvme. That’s fine, right? I don’t need another disk exclusive for the system I hope…
  2. Is there a way to transfer my bitcoin blockchain copy from the old server instead of redownloading it all again?
  3. Is it now possible to use a second disk for automatic backup purposes? This miniPc of mine has a slot for a sata SSD…
    Thanks!

Hello @avsilva :slightly_smiling_face:

With your present setup; it should be easy to switch your mini PC from Start OS to Umbrel.

• Umbrel and the operating system can both run on your 2TB ssd disk. A separate disk used only for the system is not needed.
  • It is possible for you to move your bitcoin blockchain from the previous server. To prevent redownloading, copy the blockchain data to your new miniPC and save it in the Umbrel approved directory.
  • The secondary usb ssd can be used for automated backups. To protect your data, set up Umbrel or other backup program to use the extra Ssd for normal backups.

I hope this will helpful for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: