Introducing the official Nostr Relay app

I could do with some help please. I tried for a few hours yesterday. Eventually i realised the current nostr relay wont work with Websites, only apps for now. I have amethyst on android.
My tailscale is working fine, for its other duties, but I can get the nostr relay to work. it just stays “red” on amathyst.
I even tried adding a port forward on my home xfinity gateway for 4848 to the umbrel. no dice.
I have turned magic dns on and off a few times.

So: on my phone browser when not at home , but with tailscale active:
I cannot resolve umbrel.local but i do resolve the ip4 address, (if i use the umbrel as my exit node.) If umbrel device is not set my exit node, i cannot resolve its tailscale IP.

so: on my phone, outside of home: IF i have tailscale running and the exit node is my umbrel, i can resolve the ip:4848

About 2 hours of testing have now discovered that, i got it to work !! (while writing this post!) : here is how: I had to goto astral.nija (and enter my private key (bad, but I am frustrated now) ). add the relay as:
ws://MyTailscalePrivateIP:4848
it doesnt work if you try add it thru amethyst.
Then goto amethyst, logout and force close. Login again to amethyst.
write a post in amethyst . somehow it now shows up on my own nostr relay !!!
(oh at some point I removed the port forward on my home router. wasnt needed) I assume thats a tailscale functionality/feature.

hours and hours of trying!!
I dont think my posts from websites like astral.ninja do save/appear on my umbrel relay. (even after getting the first amethyst post in) . I dont know why, and I’m exhausted at this point.

:confused:

1 Like