Umbrel Onboarding screen? WTF?

I have been on the road for 10 days, my Umbrel LND has been running on a UPS and all my channels were closed properly before I left. I rebooted it this morning, and my login name and password no longer work. I was forced to create a new name and password to get to the cpanel. None of my apps are installed, or at least I cannot see them. I am really upset to find that this was PUSHED onto me. ALL updates should be a user choice experience. As it is now, I am not making any changes until some kind soul can tell me what this new preference for a Home Media Server that has trumped my SINGLE purpose LND. NOT HAPPY!

this sound like an HD problem not an update.
did you chek the HD for errors?

@danielboro indeed it turns out to be a failing SSD. I think the devs team should do a more thorough POST message that polls both the USB port and attached devices before splashing the login screen. Terminal inspection is how I was able to diagnose the failing disk. a new 2TB drive was installed and I am going to recover the existing state of my config once the blockchain is sync’d. Stay tuned.