Umbrel + BlueWallet + LNDHub

My one question is if you spend down the balance of the node, do the balances of the wallets get effected at a certain point or do payments just fail for lack of liquidity?

I believe it’s separate issues.

You can have balance… But not enough liquidity to send it… Or the other way around.

Balance and liquidity are two separate things.
Balance are funds.
Liquidity is the transport.
Funds can’t be transported without proper liquidity.

So for example:

• the node channels are depleted, in one side or another or doesn’t have enough channels/ space to move around the funds of the lndhub wallets
  • the lndhub wallets are stuck, could not be move out from that node.
  • funds on lndhub wallets are like some tokens, directly linked with the amount available on the LN node. If the operator decide to close all the channels, can do it, but those lndhub wallets will be locked, balance will still show as it was before, but cannot be used in any way.

The node operator has a very important task, when he’s offering lndhub wallets: have to have a good amount of channels and those channels also to have enough liquidity on both sides.

1 Like

It appears the LndHub now has a default 0.3% fee for all transactions, even between internal wallets. It is added to the outgoing transaction when a wallet pays an invoice. For example I pay wallet B with wallet A 100,000 sats. Wallet A sends 100,300 and Wallet B recieves 100,000. The fee is “collected” by the node operator in the form of a lower total balance of the wallets managed by LndHub.

Changing this to zero requires technical knowledge I do not possess unfortunately.

Soon there is an update of docker file of bluewallet lndhub. Then fee configuration is possible.

LNDhub also needs a user management tool. Is still in early phase.
I used this line in lnd.conf for internal fees
allow-circular-route=1

I keep getting “Invalid LNDHub URI” after a long pause ((( Does this guide no longer work?

This guide always work.
What doesn’t work is your tor connection in BW.

I tried with internal tor connection - the app just closes, and with Orbot - gives me this error.

Hello,
I have BW in ios. I started the Tor service in the app, but i got the message :" Invalid LNDHub URI".
I tried with the internal ip and it work.
Do you have suggestions ?

BW with tor just suck. Use orbot instead of internal tor

Same result …
Is there a way to verify in the first place the validity of the Tor address?

http://192.168.1.xxx:3008 works, when enter in a browser, i got the lndhub page

on my tor browser, i can use the umbrel.onion with no problem.

when i try the .onion lndhub, in the same tor browser, i got an error : " Onionsite Not Found

The most likely cause is that the onionsite is offline. Contact the onionsite administrator.

Details: 0xF0 — The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client."

Thanks for this guide.
2 questions:

1. Where can I see all wallets connected to my lndhub?
  2. I would like to connect to my lnd hub without tor. I setup port forwarding on my router and I can access my lndhub via http://mypublicip:myport, however the qr code shows the onion address of my node. How can I change this?

Thank you!

With BW Lightning LNDhub is not possible (for the moment) to have user management.
Instead use LNbits LNdhub, is another wonderful suite in Umbrel.
I wrote 2 guides about it:

With LNbits you have better control of the users.

Thank you. Some great guides here.
I checked this (https://darthcoin.substack.com/p/lnbits-for-small-merchants?s=r) and my only question would be: why would it be better using LNbits on an offline store than using the simple POS system of a BTCPayserver? What are the advantages of LNbits over BTCPayserver?
I am looking for a solution that can be used on offline stores and looking for alternative solutions. This is why I ask this.

I forgot to said i am on an Ubuntu server

As I said in the guide. BTCPay is a great solution too. It is dedicated to some other stuff.
LNBits offers you a way to activate specific extensions, depending on your needs and it’s easier to configure each one.
Yes, LNBits is still in beta version is not finished software, but is really promising and useful.
Offline PoS is good when you have troubles with internet connection. Not everybody is having full time coverage pr good connection, or devices.
LNbits you can use it both ways, offline and online. In my opinion it offers more open handy configurations. Worth a try.
Also its LNDhub is better than BW lndhub and the coming admin user extension will bring more manageability.

1 Like

I think my problem is tor

Have you a guide to resolve this issue ?

Attaching to umbrel_tor_server_1, tor
tor | Apr 16 17:39:30.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 17:45:15.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 18:14:38.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 18:30:57.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 18:32:37.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 18:32:40.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 18:35:44.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 18:57:47.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor | Apr 16 19:02:07.000 [notice] Have tried resolving or connecting to address ‘[scrubbed]’ at 3 different places. Giving up.
tor_server_1 | Apr 16 05:01:17.774 [notice] Read configuration file “/torrc-2”.
tor_server_1 | Apr 16 05:01:17.776 [warn] Option ‘DataDirectory’ used more than once; all but the last value will be ignored.
tor_server_1 | Apr 16 05:01:17.778 [warn] Failed to parse/validate config: Unknown option ‘s6-setuidgid’. Failing.
tor_server_1 | Apr 16 05:01:17.778 [err] Reading config failed–see warnings above.
tor_server_1 | [services.d] done.
tor_server_1 | [cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts…
tor_server_1 | [cont-finish.d] done.
tor_server_1 | [s6-finish] waiting for services.
tor_server_1 | [s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
tor_server_1 | [s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Try these 2 amazing guides done by @Hakuna and osito.
How to setup your node in hybrid mode. It helps a lot.
http://community.umbrel.com/t/lnd-tor-clearnet-how-to-setup-hybrid-mode/

and

You suggest to go hybride ?