Trying to Shut Down

Bizarre behavior: I login to umbrel.local and click the shutdown option in the settings modal. It shows the “shutting down” page, but it just continues on like I never clicked it. Bitcoin node keeps running, apps still open. No change.

I’m trying to switch my power supply to include a battery for power outage protection, but I can’t do that if it doesn’t shut down. I’m thinking I need to downgrade to one of the previous versions for better stability.

SSH into the box to shutdown or reboot. I had initiated a reboot from the WebUI and it didn’t do anything either. I SSH’ed into it and noticed there was a stuck process (in the status section when first connecting). I simply forced a reboot and everything came back fine (had to uninstall some apps as too many things were running at bogging it down).

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try that after I get off work today.

Hey, did you managed to shutdown or reboot via CLI?

No, I got a “Permission denied, please try again,” when I try to SSH into the pi.

Hmm, did you forget your password? Default password should be “moneyprintergobrrr” if you don’t remember setting one. The best program to SSH is Putty (https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/w64/putty-64bit-0.77-installer.msi)

Figured it out. I needed to SSH into ***umbrel@***umbrel.local, not simply umbrel.local

1 Like