Stuck "Deleting previous images..." since 0.4.8 upgrade

On the day the 0.4.8 upgrade came out I stupidly upgraded my RasPi 4 without any thought, and ever since, for like a week now or so, I’ve had the “Deleting previous images…” screen stuck when going into my node. Reboots don’t affect it at all.

So I read through some threads here and tried two things, both to no avail:

  1. I made a new image of v0.4.8, flashed it to a brand-new high-speed 32mb MicroSDHC mem card, and booted my umbrel with that. No change. (Except that it reset my password to the node back to the default)

  2. I removed the file (through Putty) ./statuses/update-in-progress
    No change at all here either, even after a reboot.

What else can I try? I have a lot of sats in lots of channels on this node and absolutely cannot wipe the data in my bitwarden app. In fact I need access to that asap. Help!

Whew, Finally figured it out with this manual, DarthCoin.
There was one thing wrong in there that you might want to update under the update section. You wrote:

" If the update was stuck in update, run this before the above command:
sudo rm statuses/update-in-progress"

The problem was that I wasn’t able to delete that file because it simply isn’t named that. I guess devs changed the name at some point. The file I deleted that fixed everything and brought my node roaring to life was:

statuses/update-status.json

Deleting that solved everything. I’m resolved now, thanks!

Thanks, I updated the troubleshooting manual