RTL (Core Lightning) "Reading Config Error"

I’m trying to set up my Core Lightning node and get the following error.

I checked my RTL-Config.json file and it shows this:

{
  "port": "3000",
  "defaultNodeIndex": 1,
  "SSO": {
    "rtlSSO": 0,
    "rtlCookiePath": "",
    "logoutRedirectLink": ""
  },
  "nodes": [
    {
      "index": 1,
      "lnNode": "Node 1",
      "lnImplementation": "LND",
      "Authentication": {
        "macaroonPath": "/root/.lnd/data/chain/bitcoin/mainnet",
        "configPath": "/root/.lnd/lnd.conf"
      },
      "Settings": {
        "userPersona": "OPERATOR",
        "themeMode": "NIGHT",
        "themeColor": "TEAL",
        "channelBackupPath": "/root/backup/node-1",
        "logLevel": "ERROR",
        "lnServerUrl": "https://localhost:8080",
        "fiatConversion": false
      }
    }
  ]
}

I’ve confirmed this is getting edited because some of the default values in “Settings” change when I update stuff in the Node Config>Layout section.

The strange thing is that some of the attributes (“lnImplementation”, “macaroonPath”, and “configPath”) indicate that LND is the implementation and not CLN.

I did once have Lightning Node installed prior to setting up Core Lightning, so I figure that’s why I’m seeing LND. However, I’ve uninstalled LN and want to use CL + RTL (Core Lightning), which is where these configs are coming from.

I check the log logs/RTL-Node-1.log and found this error message:

[11/6/2022, 4:52:39 AM] ERROR: RTLConf => Reading Config Error: {"statusCode":500,"message":"Reading Config Error","error":{"errno":-2,"code":"ENOENT","syscall":"open","path":"/root/.lnd/lnd.conf"}}

I looked for the file /root/.lnd/lnd.conf but couldn’t find it. Again, it’s indicating that LND is the implementation, so I assume this is a mistake and should be pointing to a CLN config file instead.

It seems the config file isn’t being set/updated properly. I’ve read that manually updating this file will break things.

I’m running Umbrel 0.5.3 on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB that’s connected to WiFi.

Can anyone help me with this?

try uninstall and reinstall again the apk

What exactly am I uninstalling and how? Google just shows installing/uninstalling Android on Raspberry Pi.

Something like this? sudo apt uninstall <package> && apt install <package>

Posted this as an issue in the Umbrel github: https://github.com/getumbrel/umbrel/issues/1543

Attached are the Umbrel logs umbrel-1667805111164-debug.log (28.6 KB)

Looks like the first error that pops up is:

c-lightning-rest_1 | error: WARN: /root/.lightning/lightning-rpc is missing, using the bitcoin mainnet subdirectory at /root/.lightning/bitcoin instead.

On Umbrel Home Page after log in click ‘Manage Apps’ then click on white cross in red circle at top right corner of app you want to uninstal

Yes I’ve done this many times already with no results.

Same issue. Please fix. I dont trust LND :frowning_face: