Plex Installed - How to I move my Library?

I have been running a Plex server for years and love the idea of running it with a few other things (HomeAssistant) on my RPi 4. I have it installed and running but I don’t quite understand how to move files to Umbrel?
Sorry of this is a real newbie question…

Hi @BootStrap
Thanks for trying out Umbrel!
So just to clarify, you’ve started up a fresh instance of Umbrel/Plex, and you would like to move the Plex content you’ve got on another device to Umbrel?

If the above is correct, please help me out with the following: where is this content currently stored (ie on a laptop, external SSD/HDD, cloud server, etc), and how large is the amount of files you would like to transfer?
Just asking this as it will give me a better idea of what specific solution to recommend to you :slight_smile:

I have the same question…all of my files are currently on my PC which is connected to the same network. I’m using Argon ONE V2 case with the NVMe M.2 SSD upgrade for the Pi4 Umbrel server.

You will likely need to use SCP in this case

Run scp /path/to/movies/ umbrel@umbrel.local:/home/umbrel/umbrel/data/storage/downloads/movies
If you need any assistance with the above, please let me know.

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, I am quite illiterate when it comes to Umbrel OS…how do I open a command prompt? Or execute the run command you’ve described? And what exactly does it do?

I set up Syncthing to get the file onto the device, but apparently that folder isn’t visible to Plex for some reason? Plex not detecting Syncthing folder

Hey @smolgrrr can you help me with entering the command you described?

@smolgrrr do I SSH into the device first using this technique?

When I try to log in, I get a message saying system updates will not persist, does that apply to this? Then trying to do the scp command, it looks like the syntax is wrong and it’s showing me options for input?

Capture