Missing 2FA for direct app login

After upgrading from Umbrel OS 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 or 1.0.4 I cannot login with the direct app login running on port 2000.
I get asked for the password but there is an error message afterwards “Missing 2FA code” that I cannot enter anywhere.

This login screen only appears if I am not logged in to Umbrel already. The OS login to the dashboard however works as expected and asks me for the 2FA after the password prompt.

This is working at home but not when using Tor of course.
Also the 2FA option in the settings is enabled in the desktop version but the mobile version tells me it is disabled and generates a new QR code to enable it which is not working when entering the corresponding code. Also tried to disable it in the desktop version and adding new 2FA connection with no change.

Did anyone experience the same issue?

1 Like

Same issue-- LibreOffice app asking me to Login to Umbrel and I get a 2FA error (using Tor).

Any idea on how to connect to apps via Tor and 2FA on UmbrelOS 1.0.4?

Really sorry for the issue @scottcronk and @mr3. I can confirm that we’ve identified this bug in umbrelOS. We’ll fix it on priority for the next (umbrelOS 1.0.5) release.

For now, if you’d like to access apps in Tor Browser, unfortunately disabling 2FA is the only way to go. :frowning:

Thanks for the update

Thanks, good to know that it will be fixed :+1: