Internal hard drive getting full need to switch to SSD

Hi :wave:
I’m not really a tech guy but learning and trying.
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro running Debian 11 and using Umbrel 0.5 for Bitcoin Node and Electrs.
My internal hard drive getting full and I want to use an SSD for storage but keep running normally umbrel on the laptop.
I read that the new update 1.1 would be totally different so I need to move stuff to SSD anyway.
I was wondering if I could use the new update on the laptop and still use the new storage to Bitcoin Core.
I hope I kind of make sense :joy:
Help will be much appreciated because the bytes are ticking :joy::sunglasses::nerd_face:

I’m running a Rasberry Pi4 and I’ve been using a 2TB SSD M.2 similar to this → Crucial P3 NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2 2TB Internal SSD – CORGITECH

I have a little caddy for it similar to this → KingSpec M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, Tool Free NVMe PCIe SSD Adapter USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps with USB C to C+A OTG Cable, Support M Key/B+M Key PCIe SSD 2230/2242/2260/2280 Silver Grey - Newegg.com ← and I’ve had really good luck with it.

Swapping out a HDD for an 2.5" SSD in your macbook is fairly easy, and even putting a little extra ram in there would be a cheap, fast and easy upgrade. You can also swap out your dvd-drive for a 2.5" SSD caddy.

I’ve had good luck with the PNY brand hard drives. You can get a 2TB SSD at Walmart for a fair price. It comes with a transfer cable too, which is nice. 2TB minimum!