How to use an SSD already filled with blockchain data?

Hi,
I am running a standard BitCoin Core Node since ages. Currently on a Raspberry Pi 4. Using the official Raspberry OS “Bullseye” plus the recent BitCoin Core but without Lightning. I want to change this and setup (or ADD) a lightning node.

Now, I am too much of a noob and have not found any description on how to do this myself with the current setup (If someone can tell me how to do it - let me know!).

So I got an additional SD card on which i want to setup a system using Umbrel with BitCoin Lightning.

I stopped when I read that this will erase my 1 TB SSD. I have the entire blockchain on this SSD already! Just not coming from Umbrel but from my Bullseye-OS with BTC Core.

How can I tell Umbrel to make use of this already existing blockchain instead of deleting and downloading all again?

You’ll need to copy your existing chain data to another machine, and then you can copy back after a fresh install that reformats your SSD.

1 Like

Thanks. I mounted my SSD with my userdata and after formatting, this mounting gets deleted but I will manage to work around.

1 Like