I’ve been having a fantastic experience with Umbrel, finding it leaps and bounds ahead of CasaOS and other competitors. However, there’s always room for innovation and growth, right? Here’s my take:
App Store Expansion:
- A wider app store with an extensive list of apps could be a game changer.
- The ability to add custom apps from Docker and deploy directly from Git could be a sweet addition.
Amazon Listing & Model Variants:
- Having Umbrel Home on Amazon might reel in a lot more customers.
- Offering model variants, like a base model with less RAM at a more friendly price point, alongside the existing pro model could cater to a broader audience.
- Perhaps including comparisons with products like Zima board could provide a clearer picture to potential buyers.
- A CPU comparison using well-recognized processors like Intel i5 or i3 against Zima board’s CPU could offer a familiar performance benchmark.
- The ability to drag and drop icons would be a nifty feature.
- A dual UI setup - one being the current app UI and a new dashboard UI displaying vital stats like temperature, RAM usage, system load, storage, and app memory consumption, akin to what CasaOS showcases.
- A backup feature to ensure data integrity and ease of recovery would be a welcoming addition.
Umbrel has been really easy to use so far, and with these tweaks, I believe it can become the go-to solution for many more enthusiasts and professionals alike. The road ahead is exciting, and I’m thrilled to be a part of this community!