bitcoin.conf file, I noticed that we’re using the more updated
rpcauth config, but with Ledger, it seems that they’re still using the
- What username and password was used to generate the
rpcauth config?; and
- Do we have to explicitly add the username and password to the
bitcoin.conf file for Ledger to be able to connect to Umbrel?
DO NOT EDIT THOSE FILES!
Why complicate things when are so simple?
- Go to Umbrel Dashboard - Connect wallet
- Select Electrum, Sparrow or Specter and follow the instructions indicated.
- Install Electrum or Specter or Sparrow in your regular PC and connect your Ledger to them.
- Done, you have your ledger connected and using your node to verify and broadcast your txs.
Now Umbrel has the Specter.app built-in. Instead installing it on PC, download again the coreBTC, etc… @DarthCoin do you reckon it’s ok to instal it on the umbrel.local node or it can compromise the node?
Specter web app is to be used when you are not at home with your PC and Specter app installed. That’s all
Im trying to do the same thing hooking up ledger through sparrow , I still wont pass a test connection phase
A bit more in details here