Add Liquidity to existing channel

How do you add more liquidity to an existing open channel?

I’m using the RTL app.

Do you mean increase channel size? Like go from 1 million to 2 million sats lets say?

If that is what you mean, its not possible.

Thanks for replying.

Yes, that’s what I thought I needed to do. But it’s not possible so now I think I don’t understand how this works.

I have 3 peers, 2 are to a friends nodes, he helped me get channels setup to his nodes. We did circular rebalance to get my sats split 50/50 local remote on the two channels I have to him.

The 3rd peer/channel is to Sphinx chat. All the sats are on my local end. When I try to do the circular rebalance I get two errors low balance amount, I increase it and the second error is insufficient outbound liquidity.

I thought I needed to increase the sats on the balanced channels…if I can’t do that…what do I do?

just leave it. Don’t bother too much with rebalancing. Just strat spending from those channels you want to move the liquidity on other side.
Also you can start playing with fee for each channel. It will balance itself after a while.

If fees are low where you can close and open a channel for 1 sat/vB then it may be fine to just close old channel and open a new one with the higher amount wanted.