Plex stuck at "Installing"

Hello,

I have trouble installing “Plex” on a brand new Umbrel Home. In The UI, I see “Installing” being stuck in the App Store, restarts didn’t help.

I SSH’d in to remove any leftover Plex data in /home/umbrel/umbrel/app-data, restarted and retried to no avail.

I checked on the karen.log and see this:

Pulling images for app plex...
Pulling server ... done
Starting app plex...
Starting plex_server_1 ... error

ERROR: for plex_server_1  Cannot start service server: network b4e7ee62057c94a34806f17af1536e121813d57ee5232112e3fb33638548ebf5 not found

ERROR: for server  Cannot start service server: network b4e7ee62057c94a34806f17af1536e121813d57ee5232112e3fb33638548ebf5 not found
Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

the error is consistent throughout all my installation attempts. Any recommendations on what to try next?

Try again for a fresh Plex install after running the script below. I had the same issue once, but this seemed to work for me.

thanks for chiming in, followed this step by step, but the issue with Plex installation persists. I installed couple of others apps without any issue if that makes any difference.

Hi, did you find any solution to this as im getting the same on a brand new install? Ive tried the steps provided but they didnt work for me either?

Nope, Plex simply refuses to run. I think attention of Umbrel folks would be much appreciated here.

1 Like

What’s interesting is that it seems to install fine, but it’s just having trouble starting up

Try running the following, and we’ll see if we get any further information

sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/app compose plex logs --tail 100

only shows this:

Attaching to plex_server_1

The original post shows more detail via the karen.log

Hey @zajiczech, I just sent you a DM on this forum platform to set up a time to help you troubleshoot live, since this seems to be quite a tricky issue. You can check your DMs by clicking on your profile icon on the top right and then clicking the message icon:

We can then post the resolution here so that others can benefit.

2 Likes

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution to this issue with Plex. I followed the above advice with no luck.
I tried install via SSH and was hit with this:

umbrel@umbrel:~ $ sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/app install plex
Installing 'plex' from: https://github.com/getumbrel/umbrel-apps.git
Setting up data dir for app plex...
sending incremental file list

sent 210 bytes  received 15 bytes  450.00 bytes/sec
total size is 2,397  speedup is 10.65
Pulling images for app plex...
Pulling server ... done
Starting app plex...
Starting plex_server_1 ... error

ERROR: for plex_server_1  Cannot start service server: network 989b154342af192ec0b21bf6edeb08b9348df09ffd9e2262814cfdb5e2babb03 not found

ERROR: for server  Cannot start service server: network 989b154342af192ec0b21bf6edeb08b9348df09ffd9e2262814cfdb5e2babb03 not found
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
umbrel@umbrel:~ $

Thanks

@ItsMeNJC we had chance to debug this with @nmfretz and it turned out if you install HomeAssistant before Plex, it will allocate a port Plex needs to start. If you have HomeAssistant running, try uninstalling it, then prune docker volumes via the below, reboot and install Plex again:

sudo ./umbrel/scripts/app uninstall home-assistant
sudo rm -rf umbrel/app-data/plex/
sudo docker system prune --volumes
sudo reboot

sudo ./umbrel/scripts/app install plex

To avoid uninstall home-assistant just reboot it from UI Settings > System On/Off button top right then quickly launch before service reboot and it works fine.

Consegui resolver desinstalando o home-assistant (resolvendo o conflito de portas com o plex)
e rodando esses comandos

sudo ./umbrel/scripts/app uninstall home-assistant
sudo rm -rf umbrel/app-data/plex/

não precisa reiniciar.
após, só instalar