24 words seed was not given

Hi, I just installed umbrel, I installed the Bitcoin Core 24.0.0 from the app store, I’m running Umbrel Version 0.5.3 with a 4Tb HDD connected to a raspberry 4 8 Gb ram, connected via ethernet to a switch and the switch is connected to my router. When I run the installation the bitcoin core didn’t give me the 24 words, I don’t have any settings button or something similar to see the 24 words seed. Is this because it needs first to synchronize the whole blockchain? or I should try to unistall and install again bitcoin core? I don’t have any balance on it since there is not send or receive buttons.

1 Like

Hey @mizuta!

In the newer version of Umbrel the Lightning Node app now provides your 24-word seed phrase when you set it up, instead of the Bitcoin Node app. It will load once the Bitcoin app is 100% synchronized.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, just to be clear, the bitcoin core now doesn’t let you do any transactions or create a wallet? that means in order of using the bitcoin network I need to install the lightning node app? I’m asking because I was planning just to install bitcoin core.

1 Like

Bitcoin node isnt like a crypto wallet you dont have a 24 word seed phrase

1 Like