Umbrel suddenly deleted all files on SSD disk

I am running Umbrel on Raspberry Pi 4B in Argon ONE M.2 Case that has a slot for SSD disk. I am using WD Blue SA510/1TB/SSD/M.2 SATA/5R in the Aragon case. I am using Umbrel only to run a Bitcoin node. Nothing else is installed.

A moment ago something very strange and annoying happened. When I open Ubrel in my browser, it displays “Your home cloud server is ready to set up.” and wants me to set up a new password and everything again. I cannot do anything else in the browser. Umbrel seems to have lost all the previous settings. I did not continue because I did not want to lose my existing data.

I have found out that I am still able to connect through SSH with my “old” password. I have been shocked that df -H shows that only 1% of the disk space is used. And really, the SSD contains some basic directories but all its previous content has been cleared. The app-data directory is empty. There is no blockchain any more.

I tried to troubleshoot using this guide Official Umbrel Troubleshooting Guide and FAQ but it did not helped. It is probably also outdated. I wanted to sudo ~/umbrel/scripts/debug as recommended in the troubleshooting guide but the response is only “command not found”. I cannot find scripts directory anywhere.

I did a clean install about a week ago. I am afraid that the only solution will be to reflash the SD card and do a clean install but I am not really looking forward to download the whole 600 GB+ Bitcoin blockchain after one week again :-(. I am also afraid to have more important data in Umbrel when they can be lost so easily.

Is there any way to find out what went wrong? Are there any measure that I can take to reduce the probability of this problem in the future?