Immich is not working

Hi Umbrel Community!

Does the immich app on Umbrel work for anyone with the ios or android apps? I recently installed it and it cannot connect. I can log in on the web, but that I can’t use from a phone.

Any help or guidance would be helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

I had Immich installed for a while and the app worked fine. The reason the app is not working for you is because you are using different server and app versions. I’m having the same problem. I upgraded the mobile app but the server is not getting upgraded by the Umbrel Team.
My server is running v1.94.1 which is the latest version you can get from the app store, but my phone is running v1.98.2
Unfortunately we can’t easily downgrade the app on iOS devices, but on android is much easier.
I assume you are running the latest version of Immich server which is v1.94.1 (you can check by opening the Immich Web Interface or by going to http://umbrel.local:2283/ and looking on the bottom-left corner, you’ll see the version:

Immich server version

To get the Android app working you just need to download the same version of the app from the official GitHub Immich repository: Immich app v1.94.1 - GitHub
Here you’ll need to scroll down untill you see the Assets section. Then download one of the apk file on your Android device and install it.

You’ll probably be alright with the app-release.apk but, if it doesn’t work try the other ones untill you get the right one for you CPU architecture (Or just google your Android device and look for the architecture).

I really hope that the Umbrel Team upgrades Immich as soon as possible because at the moment of writing this the current latest version v1.94.1 is a month and a half old.

Update

Immich server just got updated, so you should be able to login with the app from all your devices.
1 Like

I can confirm it is working now! Thanks for the note and thanks to the umbrel team for the fast turnaround here! You guys rock!

1 Like