How to restore Lightning channels funds?

Hello
I had problems with my node and had to restart it, I backup my channels with RTL, but I don’t know how to restore them.
I was using myNode as the OS for my node, but since I had to restart it I decided to use umbrel instead, I don’t know if that is a problem when trying to restore my funds?
I’ve been searching here for solutions and found this two commands:
scp Pathtomybackup\channel-all.bak umbrel@umbrel.local:/home/umbrel/umbrel/lnd/channel.backup*
*(since I have the backup from RTL and the LN itself and don’t know which one goes here, I’ve tried both and seemed to work anyway.)
But when I execute the next command:
ssh -t umbrel@umbrel.local "cd ~/umbrel && docker-compose exec lnd lncli restorechanbackup --multi_file /data/.lnd/channel.backup"
I get the following error:
[lncli] unable to decode multi packed backup: open /data/backup/.lnd/channel.backup: no such file or directory
And I don’t know what to do, I’ve tried changing the channel.backup to the RTL channel-all.bak, but it doesn’t work anyway.
I’m new to the command line and programing in general, so, I’ve tried to explain my problem the best as I could.
If someone could please help me, I will appreciate it so much.
Thanks

Don’t use backup option from RTL
Read this guide

thanks @DarthCoin I’m gonna use the Blixt method and see if it works, I’ll update you once is done

Hi, could you tell me if Blixt method worked?

Hi @ColBitcoin It did and at the same time no. I was able to restore my wallet including my channel funds, but most of my channels are still waiting to close.

One channel closed successfully and received my funds, though

So yeah, it works but you have to be patience

1 Like

thanks a lot, I’ll try, because I`ve been waiting long time with my umbrel issue, and nobody could help me, then I think, that’s my last chance.

Please read with attention the guide. Are 6 methods.
Restoring a node wallet is the last restort.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

hi again, could you tell me if you were able to close all your channels.

Nope, still waiting, I think the other users need to sign to close the channel, because We opened channels to each other, It wasn’t just me that opened the channel to them.

1 Like

I believe that channels can be force-closed but you have to log in with ssh and do it that way. I am about to do that since I am waiting for a channel to close. It’s likely the counterparty is inactive and can’t do his or her part.