Assistance Required with Changing rpcpassword on Umbrel Node

Hello,
I am seeking assistance with my Umbrel node. I suspect that my rpcpassword for Bitcoin Core may have been compromised, and I am trying to update it to a new one for security reasons. However, I am facing difficulties in making this change effective.

I have attempted to update the rpcpassword by modifying the .env file located in the root manager directory on my Umbrel installation. Despite making the change and restarting the app, the new password does not seem to take effect.

Furthermore, I’ve tried adding rpcpassword=<new_password> directly into the bitcoin.conf file, but this approach also did not yield any results.

I have spent a significant amount of time trying to resolve this issue but to no avail. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Modified the .env file in the root manager directory with the new rpcpassword.
  2. Attempted to add the rpcpassword=<new_password> line directly into the bitcoin.conf file.
  3. Restarted the Umbrel node and individual services multiple times after making the changes.

Despite these efforts, my Bitcoin Core still seems to be using the old rpcpassword.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to properly update the rpcpassword and ensure that it is recognized by Bitcoin Core on my Umbrel node. Additionally, if there are any specific logs or configurations that I should check, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and assistance.