[GUIDE] Installing charge-lnd (in a docker) to automate your fee policies

It’s an amazing guide and I really appreciate the effort into putting it here.

I just want to raise a WARNING about this kind of scripts.

1. These scripts to have a better management are good, but only in good hands, for users that are more advanced and know what they are doing with these scripts.
  2. These scripts have a lot of functionalities but some of them are bad for LN! For example the option that is automatically “disable” a channel, not being able anymore for routing payments in way or another or both.
    This is really dangerous behavior for THE ENTIRE LIGHTNING NETWORK! Doesn’t make any sense to disable a channel, is totally against what is LN - a web of connections always open. Disabling a channel is like closing a gate to free market.
    Ok I understand that some of you wants only gainz, but LN is not only about that. You can raise your fees as much as you want to have more gainz, it’s a free market, but disabling channels is CENSORSHIP and is like shooting themselves in own foot.
  3. LN is a living organism. If we do not feed him, will not grow. How is supposed to grow if you cut him lose the food (aka routing channels)?
  4. We are at just the beginning of this marvelous journey into LN, we should not start now with ripping off users with fees. We started LN exactly to scale the onchain problem, now we are just going back to fuck each others. This is a nonsense and we will not get anywhere with this.
  5. This script also is forcing to close channels, randomly or based on who knows what algorithm. Happen to me not once, but 3 times. I got 3 channels closed for no reason or human interaction.

FOR THE SAKE OF LN AND BITCOIN: PLEASE STOP USING THESE SCRIPTS THAT ARE DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD!

BE AWARE!

5 Likes